surveys can be entertaining, especially if they’re not things like, “who is the last person you slept with,” which, when it’s not completely obvious, as in my case, is just stupid.
so, thanks to TJ for providing this only mildly silly survey of our year gone by, 2008:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
a lot of inversions.
2. Did you keep your New Years Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
No, because I dont make them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
a couple of people. i am now an aunt to the beautiful annabelle mae!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
can’t say that they did.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
our own home.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
april 5, the day we moved, annabelle was born, and also happens to be both my dads’ birthdays.
Dec. 25, my first white Christmas.
Sept. 15 of every year, which is chloe’s birthday.
my birthday because jared surprised me big time!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
FINALLY finding what i love to do and becoming a yoga instructor.
9. What was your biggest failure?
not reaching out to my community like i say i want to.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
we all had one very serious flu a few months ago. lots of excretions from all ends.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my saka pinda yoga bag.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
chloe’s off and on 🙂
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
chloe’s, off and on.
14. Where did most of your money go?
rent and daycare.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
teaching, hiking in kauai, quitting starbucks!
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2008?
Anything from the Once soundtrack.
“Blue Ridge Mountains”- Fleet Foxes
“Songs from a Blue Guitar”- Red House Painters
“Chicago”- Sufjan Stevens
“Orange Sky”- Alexi Murdoch
“you’re a wolf”- seawolf
“L’Incertitude D’Heisenberg”- telepopmusik
“Shut up and let me go”- the ting tings
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. more happy or more sad?
100%, without a doubt, more happy.
b. thinner or fatter?
15 pounds thinner
c. Richer or poorer?
Considerably poorer (i guess that shows you that money really isn’t the answer, eh?)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
listening to those in need and praying.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending New Years Eve?
i spent it with the nicholson’s and friends playing games and wii ski.
21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2008?
the most embarrassing moment of my life, really. the morning after we stayed at the omni, this lavish hotel in downtown, we were walking out, and somehow a pair of black underwear got stuck to my bag. they fell off right in front of the hotel, where the bell man found them, and came running after me saying, “ma’am, are these your’s,” holding them up with his 2 fingers, in front of everyone waiting for the valet. i was both mortified and totally amused.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Fell in love more with my 2 great loves, jared and chloe.
23. How many one – night stands?
Im gonna have to say none.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
sadly, the bachelorette. but of course, sex and the city and iron chef.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
i did read books this past year, but they’re all kind of fuzzy right now. probably a yoga book, though.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get [in general]?
a new job
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Once, although i think that was technically the end of 2007, so nevermind. ummmm, i don’t remember. apparently nothing stuck out. i can tell you the worst ones!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
i am now 28. jared surprised me with dinner and a night at the omni. then took me to a padres game, in which he invited all our immediate family and friends without my knowledge. it was probably the best birthday yet.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
more close female friends.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
34. What kept you sane?
jared, God, yoga and the internet.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
i don’t understand.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Anything regarding natural health and sustainability, and of course, the presidential election.
37. Who do you miss?
all the erins and jenns that i know, family.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Many of the people i now work with, sarita & kayla.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
God’s truth comes in many forms, and in many places.
Keep my mouth shut sometimes.